Social Icons

Madeleine & Mary Collinson

 Last Updated - 4/24/10

Born: July 22, 1952 in Sliema, Malta
Hammer film(s): Twins of Evil (1971)
Other notable roles: N/A

Madeleine and Mary are another example of Hammer's one hit wonders.  Two twin sisters who seemingly had no acting experience, pulled out of the modeling world and cast in a Hammer film.  Some coined the decision to be solely a gimmick because of their current popularity from being in British Playboy magazine.  Twins of Evil was their first and last real starring roles, as like many of Hammer's beauties they moved on to other things.

Hotness Rating: 8/10 
Both girls are cute, but to me it's a Haley Mills, Parent Trap cute.

Acting Rating: 6/10 
Like many of Hammer's actresses from around the world the Collinson sisters didn't speak very good English so there voices were dubbed.  In their case I don't think it made much of a difference since acting, wasn't really the reason they were hired.

Average Hammer Film Rating: 7/10  
Twins of Evil is the final installment in the Karnstein trilogy, and personally my least favorite, yet it's still a worthy installment and the performance given by Peter Cushing is worth seeing. 


Overall Rating
7.0

2 comments:

  1. Hey The Answer,

    did you notice that it's impossible to navigate to the 2nd page of your blog? :( Or maybe, I'm just not seeing the "Next Page" or "Previous Entries" link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I know that, but I didn't think it a big enough deal to try and fix it. I only have 4 entries on each page and my recent reviews widget displays my last 10 posts so that's 3 1/2 pages. Plus everything else is relatively linked to on the front page in some form or the other. Frankly I like it better because on Google Analytics I get to see what people are actually reading, if they browse by page instead of click on posts I lose on knowing what people are reading.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2008-2016. All posts & reviews are property of CommonSenseMovieReviews and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...