Social Icons

Out for Justice (1991)

As some of you know I'm a big Steven Seagal fan, the man is awesome with a capital "A", why else would I feature a review day especially for him!?!  I know for the most part I'm reviewing these films, in production order, for my own pleasure but it's enjoyable none the less, just as Univarn reviews anime for his own enjoyment! ;)  But even I must acknowledge when the man of low budget action films makes a stinker, and is Out for Justice ever a double deuce (as Univarn would acclaim).  It's a total injustice that this film ever saw the light of day.

Like every other Seagal film Out for Justice has a simple premise of revenge.  This time around Seagal is New York detective Gino Felino, his childhood friend and also a cop is gunned down in the street in front of his family by another one of Gino's childhood acquaintances Richie Madano.  With the streets run by the Italian mob, Gino has connections, but no one seems to know why Richie, a known thug, would do such a thing.  But Gino is not really looking for answers why, he's looking for revenge and will beat the crap out of anyone he has to, to get it.

Out for Justice is by far the worst Seagal film I've seen so far and 90% is due to the horrible acting and atrocious Italian accents.  It's too difficult to take Seagal serious when he's walking around trying to imitate Guido and doing a horrible job at it.  Not to mention everyone else in the cast seems like they recently stepped out of a spoof of My Cousin Vinny!  Combat wise even the martial arts and the gun battles are a little weak in this one, they're more gruesome (one guy gets pinned to the wall with a meat cleaver and another gets his leg blown off with a shotgun), but every other action scene seems to be below average compared to what the first three Seagal films offered.  The best scene is at the film's conclusion when Seagal spots a guy who had dumped a puppy on the street in a garbage bag.  Seagal rescued the dog and swore if he ever saw him again he'd deal with him, well Seagal sees him again, gives him a swift kick in the groin and the dog pees on his face.  Best scene in the film, and had absolutely nothing to do with the main story!

4/10

2 comments:

  1. you linked to me, and said the word anime without making a snide comment.....

    *runs and hides* It's the end of the world! :P

    I have to admit Under Siege is about the only Steven Seagal movie I've made it all the way through. It was ok. Seagal just doesn't cut it for me. He always seems 3 cheetoes short of a binge, and he's got the emotional range of Keanu Reeves. Note: I did make it through Executive Decision but that's hardly a Seagal movie.

    My dad enjoys his films as well. Perhaps by reading these I'll finally understand why :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snide remark although the fact I said you review them for your own pleasure (much like I do these films) because no one reads them, could be taken as snide. :0)

    There's many reasons I like Seagal, his films are the least corny, compared to Van Damn, Norris and whoever else is a "martial arts expert". Seagal is the coolest and the calmest, when whipping people's butts. His emotional calmness is what I respect. I finished watching Season 1 of Seagal Lawman and he's always really calm and cool. Personally I wish I could handle stress like that. Also Seagal reminds me and my family a lot of my Grandfather who looked a lot like Seagal and had the same facial expressions.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2008-2016. All posts & reviews are property of CommonSenseMovieReviews and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...